What I missed about OZ

  Assalamualaikum wbt to all readers.

It is nearly a year passes since I came back from the Down Under country, Australia. I love being there. I am not trying to compare it with my beloved country Malaysia in term of the facilities (although their facilities are good). I love being in OZ is because of the people and the nature. You will find out more what I am talking about by reading this post. I believe that it is the people who make the country beautiful and not the technologies or high up-to-date facilities. The facilities are something we can build but the beautiful people that beautify the country is the most valuable asset for the country to have.   
Honesty is surely the best policy. I am talking in the muslim perspective. Islam promotes honesty in every aspect of muslim life. In Australia, the majority of the people are not muslim (but the Islam is growing fast, Alhamdulillah) but Honesty is in the blood of Australian people. Yes, there are also crimes happened in Australia but I rarely or hardly experience that. If you left something valuable such as watch or necklace in the public toilet at the shopping complex and you totally forgot about it for hours. When you come back to look for it, be sure that it is still there. I heard that story from my senior. Another story happened to my friend when she accidently left her purse in a bus during daytime and when she realise about it at night and contact the bus company. They still have it with them.

That is about honesty, below i have listed more about what I missed about OZ.

1.     The ON TIME public transportations.


This includes all of them, bus, train, taxi and shutter of course. I don’t deny that sometimes they are also late like 5 to 10 minutes but guess what? They give us FREE RIDE as saying sorry. They really care about time and how being late can affect other people schedule.

2.    The public transports are OKU friendly.

The buses for example, there are spaces provided for those with wheelchair and also with stroller for the mothers with their babies. The bus also can lower it ‘floor’ to let the people easily walk into the bus.

3.     The customer servicers are always SMILING.

When our first time came to Macquarie Centre to settle our bank registration, the bank officers greet us with a smiling face. They explained to us the procedure with smile in their face. As we might know, they have been working as the bank officer for many years by doing and explaining the same thing to many people. We can imagine how boring and sometimes troublesome for some people to repeat the same instructions everyday. The best attitude is they don’t show that kind of facial expression. They treat people like this is the first time they explained to the customer. It is impossible to get a bad customer service there.

4.     The AWESOME services.

There was one time when my iPhone got some problem in it and I brought it to the Apple Service Store. There are a lot of people came to consult with all kind of problem with Apple product. For iPhone, there were a few people having the same problem as I am therefore I have to queue up waiting for my turn, it did not take long though. When it was my turn, the person in charge greets me with a smile and politely asked me, “Can I help you Miss?” I told him about my iPhone problem then he asked for my permission to take my phone for a while for check up in another room behind the counter. Then, he came back and said to me, “ Miss, we have two options for you, you can leave your phone here for a week or two for us to repair it or we give you a brand new phone today, which one would you prefer Miss?” Haha..guess what my answer..

5.     The people are very CONSIDERATE.

This can be seen every time and everywhere. My housemates and I usually do the household shopping once a month and can you imagine how many things that we bought? It’s a lot and when the bus came, they’re always nice man/woman who would help us get the things on the bus. In the bus, not only youngsters offer the seat to the elders, but elders also offer the seat to us when they saw us having a lot of difficulties carrying all the heavy stuff.

6.     The library (Macquarie University Library of course).

The university library was awesome, I am not comparing with the facilities because we know that it is not fair to compare it that way. What I am trying to say is the environment of the library are so welcoming, we can sit everyway we want and the place for discussion is also convenient with whiteboard, simple table and chairs and also plugs for electronic devices are everywhere. There are places for a quiet study and places for discussion.

7.     The Malaysian small community

Because there are not many Malaysian studied at our uni, we easily get to know anyone and we always set up gathering events just to know each other better and help each other in the future. We really feel close with everyone and we never hesitate to ask and to give help anytime. When I say Malaysians, this includes all races with different belief of course. We tolerate and respect each other but most importantly, we support each other regardless of these differences.

8.     The open-minded and easy-going lecturers

They treat us like friends and open to any comments or complaints from us. They celebrate our own perceptions although they also have their own views on certain issues that being discussed in the class. They really support us Malaysian to talk in their class although we are known to be very shy in every class and lecture.

9.     The Mumsa’s Sisters

They are the muslim sisters at the uni. They are very nice and very talkative too. Haha..They really like to say ‘MashaAllah’ and ‘Alhamdulillah’ at all time. “MashaAllah sister, your dress is so nice!”, ‘MashaAllah sister, you are amazing’. I love the way they give da’wah to the people in uni, so unique and creative. The weekly halaqah was filled with all kind of background sisters, they invited everyone, muslim, non-muslim, hijabis, non-jihabis, no discrimination.

Down here are several more things that I missed about OZ but I am too lazy to explain about them..hehe. Maybe another time I will add up in this post:

10. The O-Week!!
11. The Trip-View Lite
12. The Safe Surrounding/Environment
13. The Pedestrian Walk
14. The all over roundabout
15.  The Marjanul Jannah
16. The Islamic Awareness Week at the Uni
17. The Travelling
18. The Sky
19. The Cheap price clothes.
20. The ready-installed of hot and cold water in the bathroom.
21. The backyard.
22. The Super cheap Chocolate season!
23. The REAL Sales!

Well, there are a lot of things that I missed and because of these experiences, I learn to be like I am today. I am not sure whether it is a good or bad influence on me. Those who know me, you decide ok? =)
Sydney Opera House =)

Kebab kat Uni Food Court!! Sedap!!!

Melbourne is the best place to visit

Fresh Seafood, Sydney Fish Market

Wolonggong

This is donut ok, New version!



Peace #prayforgaza #prayforegypt #prayforsyria #prayformalaysia #prayforallmuslims.

Wassalam.



Comments

Popular Posts